Is there a way to export the Prod and Cat meta data in a compiled Miva 4 store for import into a Miva 5 store?
AFAICR - Those were a function of OpenUI Languages. The actual data is in the langmemos.dbf files located in mivadata/Merchant2/(store number - usually 00000001)/oui folder. Don't ask why I remember this stuff - I don't remember .......
Someone with a dbf reader should be able to help you out - like at least export them to a spreadsheet.
If you have a copy of Microsoft Access around you can do it. Even as old as Access 2000 will still work in WIN 7.
I found a free dbf reader and was able to convert the langmemos.dfb file to csv. But it didn't format correctly. So it is virtually impossible to sort through the data. That file also seems to contain header and footer info. Has anyone successfully exported their metas and imported them into miva 5?
Speaking of bad memories....I don't recall anything in the Language tables being "straightforward". I recall their being some foreign keys required to look up cat/product related data.
I remember using a db3 reader/editor and cutting and pasting the entire dbf file into excel. From there I used excel's vlookup to match across tables and worksheets on product id's and category id's to their product codes and names... so I could construct a new table on a new worksheet that I could use for import.
of course that wasn't straight forward either. lots of cut paste to note pad. then save as txt file before actually importing into the newer miva version.
It was doable and easier than typing everything back in (we had a LOT of items). But it wasn't easy.
I think the program on the pc I used was called dbfview, it wasn't free though.